Local tours are a great way to learn more about gardens and plants that grow in our area.
We organize several each year which are free and only available to HAH members and their guests. Guests of Individual and Family/Duel Memberships will be charged $10 per person. Guests will also have the opportunity to become members at sign-in.
From small village gardens lovingly crafted by their owners to large professionally designed landscapes, we visit a wide range of gardens all across the East End. Tours demonstrate gardens at all stages of development and reflect the wide range of aesthetics/styles in our gardening community. They are a great source of inspiration and encouragement for gardeners at all levels.
Would you be willing to open your garden to our members for a tour (or do you have a neighbor or friend who would?)? Please reach out with any leads!
A note to members and their guests regarding Garden Etiquette…
Please bear in mind these are private residences and the homeowners are graciously sharing their gardens. Therefore please be courteous and follow a few rules:
- Don’t peek into windows
- Don’t take cuttings or seeds, or pick flowers
- Stay on pathways and mowed lawn areas
- Do not walk in mulched or planted garden beds
- You are welcome to take photographs of the garden flora and fauna however if you post on social media please do not give the address
- We recommend that you wear tick protection