Note: Events and access to the Library are affected by the pandemic as noted on the website. Lectures, Roundtables, Workshops, and meetings have been shifted to Zoom. The Library is closed until further notice. Check the website and member emails for updates.
Monthly Newsletter. Provides comprehensive information on current topics in horticulture as well as all news of current events of HAH and listings of other East End Garden Events.
Website. www.hahgarden.org. Provides general information about HAH, current events at HAH, important website links to articles of horticultural interest and access to archive of past newsletters. In addition, you can view our Library on-line catalog of current holdings. Follow us on Facebook and on Instagram.
Email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library. Members are encouraged to visit our extensive library and take out books, periodicals, videos and DVDs. Open hours Saturdays and Tuesdays, 10am-noon or by appointment.
Local Garden Tours. Throughout the summer and fall, we invite members to some of the most beautiful and unique gardens in the Hamptons. Many of these gardens are opened only for our free HAH member tours. Guests of members may attend at a cost of $10.
Long Distance Garden Tour Trips. Arranged periodically and announced in our newsletter.
Lectures. Held once a month except in July and August at the Bridgehampton Community House. Our speakers are chosen from around the world and are experts in the field of horticulture.
Roundtable Discussions. Held in the HAH Library on the first Saturday of the month, October through April, these sessions are open to novices as well as experts and encourage everyone to participate in the gratifying world of gardening. Many “hands-on” experiences are shared at these forums.
Winter Book Group. Meets December through March on the third Saturday of the month. Each month three reviewers discuss their chosen books on topics pertaining to gardening and are often books that can be found in the HAH Library.
Plant and Seed Exchange. Members are encouraged to share divisions and extras.
Preview Party & Garden Fair. Our main fundraiser of the year, held every May, includes the best selection of plants you can buy on the East End. First choice of all plants for Preview Party attendees. Also features a silent auction of planters and raffle. This is an incredible opportunity to purchase locally grown perennials, shrubs & trees.
Camellia Friends. This group is devoted to lovers of Camellias and is held twice annually.
Summer Garden Party. Held in August at a member’s home and garden where all members can join together and share in a festive afternoon of food and complimentary wine and lemonade.
Holiday Season Party. In December we celebrate the holiday season with food prepared by our members and complimentary wine and cider.
Premium Members Benefits (Contributing, Supporting, Patron, Donor, and Benefactor).
• Invitation to a special event hosted by the Board.
• Enjoy the special privilege of inviting guests to both lectures and the garden tours at no additional cost.
• May sometimes attend Workshops and Seminars at a discounted cost.
Workshops/Seminars. Information is provided in the Newsletter.
Karish Program. An annual event dedicated to a current, important topic involving horticulture and our environment. It may include a garden tour, a lecture and/or a workshop by a well-known expert and a reception.
Friends of the Garden. Maintenance of the Marie Donnelly Garden situated outside the HAH Library. Unique way to learn how to deadhead and prune with hands-on experts.
Discounts of 10% at the following nurseries and garden centers – you must show your membership card:
• Bayberry Nursery, 50 Montauk Highway, Amagansett
• Country Gardens (Agway), 125 Snake Hollow Road, Bridgehampton
• Eastland Nursery, 1260 Montauk Highway, Water Mill
• Holly’s Garden Center, 234 Montauk Highway, East Moriches
• Marder’s, Snake Hollow Road, Bridgehampton (anything green)
• Trimble’s of Corchaug Nursery, 20985 Main Road, Rte. 25, Cutchogue
• Unlimited Earth Care, 2249 Scuttle Hole Road, Bridgehampton
• Verderber Landscape Nursery & Garden Center, 459 Main Road, Aquebogue
• Warren’s Nursery, 779 Montauk Highway, Water Mill
• Whitmore Gardens, 26 Montauk Highway, Amagansett
• Whitmore’s Tree Farm, East Hampton www.whitmoresinc.com
• Wittendale’s Florist & Greenhouses, 89 Newtown Rd, East Hampton (bedding plants and herbs only)
Volunteers Needed – The HAH is an all-volunteer organization. Volunteer to help us out and have fun by spending time with people who share your love of gardening.
Updated August 4, 2021